Monday, February 27, 2012

SOFT FOCUS AT DOOKS MOUNTAIN

Today 27-02-2012, I decided for a change, to walk the dog at Dooks Mountain bog, Co Kerry. The morning was very overcast with dark clouds, so to take some of the following photos, I had to set the ISO to 400 to expose for some of the foliage that was in the shade. I also decided to try to give the foliage shots a dreamy look, so I set the camera to manual focus, then when correct focus was indicated, I shifted the focus slightly to give the photos a dreamy soft focus look, these photos are not intended to be sharp focus macro shots.  It may not be to everyone's taste, but I love to experiment to see what results I can get. As you will see, I didn't do the same with the landscape shots.


A Willow bud opening

Willow buds, not yet opened.

A Willow bud open.

Another Willow open.

One bud open, the others to follow, maybe tomorrow!



The Gorse flower!


Dooks bog looking towards MacGillycuddy's Reeks.


A wet area at Dooks bog.

One of Dooks bog roads, as can be seen still very wet.

No turf to be cut here!

Towards the Reeks.

The Reeks again.

Dooks bog looking towards Slieve Mish Mountains.

Vinca, by the roadside"


Add caption

All photos Pentax K5 Pentax 28-200mm ISO 400



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. I do like this slight out of focus technique you used with the buds and blossoms. Very inspirational to try this myself. Franz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Franz, some of my experiments never get published as sometimes they are inspirational, and other times crap, but he! that's what learning is all about. I was always told that research & development, are just technical words for trial and error!

      Delete
  3. lovely to see the pictures of the spring buds, love the pink flower.
    Trish.

    ReplyDelete