Monday, November 28, 2011

A photo walk on the shores of Waterville Lake

Even on a dull day in late November there are lovely colours to be found along Waterville Lake. I was set to try taking photos of flowing water under one of the bridges but found a lot more interesting subjects along the winding road.
All the recent rain creates lovely little waterfalls from the mountains, it does not have to be a trip to torc waterfall to practise taking photos.
Also I was thinking of starting taking photos of mountains or pictures related to mountains for the forthcoming exhibition in February.


Lily Bay at Waterville Lake 1

Lily Bay at Waterville Lake 2

Lily Bay at Waterville Lake 3

road along waterville lake

who is the photographer in the bottom right corner

late autumn colours at waterville lake


Here are my first ever attempts to slow down flowing water with long shutterspeeds.
I would have thought to choose the shutterspeed priority setting, but Michael told me to just go for the highest possible number in aperture ( in aperture priority), which is the smallest aperture ( I always have to "translate" that for myself).  As the day was quite dark I got quite long shutterspeed as a result.
And I admit without a tripod this would not have been possible.





3 comments:

  1. Nice work Eva, its good to experiment with new camera settings and projects, and like you I often start out with a subject matter in mind, only to change it when other subjects come to light during shooting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your long shutter speed photos of water came out excellent, I love them!

    ReplyDelete