Thursday, February 14, 2013

Caught Reading

I took this photo for a  competition that was being held in my school Coláiste na Sceilge before Christmas. The theme for the competition  was "caught reading". I had a couple of ideas and decided to go with my brother reading secretly under the covers. The camera I used was a Nikon D2x with a Nikkor 17-55mm 1:2.8G ED lens, the focal length I set it at was 17mm, the aperture I set it at was F 3.2 as I wanted as much light as possible because I was using a shutter speed of 1/40 of a second and ISO 400 and a very "still model". I decided to use black and white as there was not a lot of colour in the photo and it also gives the photo a timeless quality. I would like to thank the patience of my brother and model Patrick.  Photo By ©Jane Kelleghan.

1 comment:

  1. Great capture and yes the black and white does it great justice. A chip off the old block. Well done
    Trish (SKCC).

    ReplyDelete